Mon September 1, 2014
Your GenoType Dairy Picks
Meet your calcium needs and stick to your GenoType Diet dairy recommendations with these suggestions. Because when it comes to dairy, each GenoType has different needs.
- Hunter- The upside to your dairy tolerance is that you can use butter or ghee as freely as you wish — so no more dry toast to cut calories! The downside is that most cheeses are Toxins to Hunters. Feel free to top a salad or some artichoke pasta with Parmesan or pecorino cheese, though — those are some good Superfoods!
- Gatherer- Unfortunately for you, Gatherer, cow's milk will not help boost your metabolism, although rice milk would be a good substitution. But don't shy away from all dairy. Some cheesy Superfoods to emphasize are Quark, cottage, farmer's, and paneer cheeses.
- Teacher- Rejoice cheese lovers! Favorites like Brie, Colby, Gorgonzola, Gouda, Gruyére, Muenster, Monterey Jack, and Swiss can help rebuild your digestive tract. So go ahead and indulge in two to four ounces, four to six times a week.
- Explorer- An Explorer rule of thumb — stay away from blue cheeses like Gorgonzola, Roquefort, and Stilton, which can cause your body to overreact to the molds that make up this cheese variety. You can dig into mozzarella, paneer, and ricotta up to five times a week, though.
- Warrior- Soft cheeses are the ticket for you, Warrior. Like Gatherers, your cheesy Superfoods are Quark, cottage, farmer's, and paneer cheeses. Although cow's and goat's milk are among your Toxins, rice and almond milk are Superfoods you should emphasize in your diet.
- Nomad- The possibilities are nearly endless when it comes to cheese, Nomad. You can enjoy everything from Brie, Camembert, and Swiss to cheddar, provolone, and manchego. Aim for two to four ounces up to four times a week.