Thursday May 25, 2017
Take a Hike
While some activities are better suited for specific GenoTypes, hiking is a sport that can be enjoyed by all. Learn how to make the most out of your hike.
- Hunter- For a lighter exercise day, Hunters do well with hiking. Keep your pace vigorous and hike at least three miles on level ground. A hike is a great way to get in your 40 minutes of daily exercise.
- Gatherer- Get a breath of fresh air while taking to a hilly hiking terrain. Gatherers who keep a moderate pace for 30 to 40 minutes will increase muscle growth and clear out toxins.
- Teacher- Your outdoorsy manner makes hiking a perfect way to keep your metabolism in balance and increase endurance. Hiking is considered a more demanding activity for Teachers, so keep up your heart rate for at least 40 minutes while taking in the scenery.
- Explorer- To ensure that hiking provides a proper workout, Explorers need to work hard enough to break a sweat. Aim for at least 40 minutes of outdoor trekking that's strenuous enough to get your heart pumping.
- Warrior- Give your cardiovascular system the boost it needs with a moderately paced hike. Mix in some hilly terrain and go for at least 30 to 40 minutes for maximum heart-health benefits.
- Nomad- A moderately paced hike anywhere between 30 and 40 minutes will help enhance your Nomad metabolic function while reducing stress and increasing muscle growth. Seek out hills for a day of more demanding exercise.