Mon September 22, 2014
Power Up with Vegetable Proteins
Beans, nuts, and seeds have been great sources of protein for humans since the beginning of the species. But just which vegetable proteins are best suited for you depends on your GenoType. Find out here.
- Hunter- Choose your vegetable proteins well, Hunter, and you'll be sure to get the right mix of amino acids and proteins needed for genetic improvement. Your array of vegetable protein Superfoods includes black, garbanzo, and fava beans; flax, hemp, and sesame seeds; and almonds, pecans, and walnuts.
- Gatherer- Protein is the name of the game for Gatherers. And you have several excellent choices in vegetable proteins, including almonds, butter beans, carob, pinole, lupine seeds, peas, pecans, pumpkin seeds, and baker's yeast. Aim for half a cup of nuts and seeds or two tablespoons of nut butter up to seven times a week.
- Teacher- Because the Teacher Diet is plant-based, it's important to get protein in nonmeat forms. Try to eat half a cup of nuts and seeds or two tablespoons of nut butter up to ten times a week. A few Superfoods to emphasize are almonds and almond butter, fava beans, carob, flaxseed, peanut butter, peas, pecans, safflower seeds, and walnuts.
- Explorer- Some grains, nuts, and seeds can interfere with an Explorer's detox function. To keep your detoxification genes in top shape, stick with vegetable protein Superfoods like butter beans, carob, pinole, great northern beans, green beans, lentils, macadamia nuts, peas, pinto beans, and snap beans.
- Warrior- As a Warrior, you should enjoy at least two daily servings of vegetable proteins in order to reprogram your thrifty genes. Choose from several options, including adzuki beans, almonds and almond butter, fava beans, flaxseed, peanuts and peanut butter, pecans, pine nuts, and walnuts.
- Nomad- Nomads do best with a little bit of everything in their diet. And vegetable proteins are no exception. Aim to eat half a cup of nuts and seeds or two tablespoons of nut butter at least five times a week. A few Superfoods to emphasize: almonds and almond butter, butternuts, flaxseed, hemp seed, macadamia nuts, navy beans, pecans, walnuts, and watermelon seeds.