Saturday December 3, 2016
What's the Deal with Diet Soda?
Q: I have to admit: I'm a diet soda addict. I have several cans a day, and I don't think I can live without it! Water just doesn't do the trick; I need something with flavor. Can I stay with my sugar-free soda?
A: Regardless of your GenoType, diet soda shouldn't play a large role in your diet. Aspartame (also called NutraSweet and Equal), the artificial sweetener found in many diet sodas, is considered a Toxin, so you should avoid it. But there are plenty of things out there for every GenoType to drink that have more flavor than water and are not toxic.
- Hunter- Here's a juicy answer for you — try fruit juices. Cranberry, grape, pineapple, and pear juices are all excellent choices.
- Gatherer- When offered coffee or tea, you should always chose the latter. Most varieties are great for you, but try for ginseng tea or green tea — both of these are Superfoods!
- Teacher- Like other GenoTypes, certain fruit juices and teas are great for you, but you also have the benefit of enjoying coffee as well. Just be sure not to add any sugar or artificial sweetener.
- Explorer- Your kids (if you have any) will be thrilled that apple juice is one of your Superfoods. Not only will it help you unlock your genetic potential, but it's sweet and tasty as well.
- Warrior- Cranberry and grape juices are excellent choices for you, but for something different, try black tea, another Superfood. It's especially good when brewed and then chilled for a cool summer treat.
- Nomad- Fruit juices like cranberry, pineapple, and grapefruit are all good choices for Nomads. For an occasional treat, you can drink red wine and beer, which are Superfoods. Just remember, these beverages should be consumed in moderation — and never before driving.