Wednesday February 21, 2018
What To Put in Your Bread Basket
Bread is a staple of every diet. And each GenoType is free to consume bread — you just need to emphasize the right types of bread to improve health and increase weight loss. Here's a rundown of what to put in your bread basket.
- Hunter- Hunters are prone to gut problems like celiac disease — a digestive intolerance to wheat, rye, and barley. To avoid intestinal damage, stick with breads made from various rice flours and flaxseed.
- Gatherer- As a Gatherer, your GenoType Diet emphasizes low-glycemic foods — those low in sugar and carbohydrates. For your bread options, stick with manna and flaxseed bread, while avoiding most whole-grain varieties.
- Teacher- The wrong bread choices can feed bacteria by leaving a carbohydrate residue in the digestive tract. Avoid Toxins made from durum, sprouted, or white wheat flour, while emphasizing Teacher Superfood breads made from emmer, kamut, and spelt wheat flour.
- Explorer- Spelt or 100 percent sprouted wheat flour makes for an ideal Explorer bread choice, as does essene. Yet white, whole-grain, and flaxseed breads will inhibit your metabolism and should be avoided to ensure proper calorie burn.
- Warrior- A Warrior's metabolism does well with whole grains. Look for breads made from flaxseed, oat bran, brown rice, and wheats like bran, emmer, kamut, spelt, sprouted, and whole grain.
- Nomad- Stick with gluten-free and corn-free breads to avoid irritating your already compromised gut lining. Brown- and white-rice flours make great wheat alternatives for bread flour and won't cause fatigue and inflammation in Nomads.