Blood Type A
Some Blood Type AB
Peter D'Adamo, ND, MIFHI
Copyright 2009-2011. All rights reserved.
Portions excerpted from The GenoType Diet (Broadway Books, New York, NY)
Teacher Activator is designed to provide nutritional support for the optimization of DNA methylation; the enhancement of proper microbial balance in the digestive tract; and the encouragement of proper cell respiration aerobic glycolysis versus anerobic glycolysis, in keeping with the 'Warburg Hypothesis.'
Teacher Activator Supplement Strategy:
- Betaine: Betaine is well known as a gastric acidifier. This help minimize chances for bacterial overgrowth in the upper GI tract, principally the stomach and duodenum. Betaine is also an excellent donor of methyl groups, which are needed to maintain proper DNA fidelity.
- Biotin: In addition to provide a balancing effect on the digestive microflora, discouraging excess fungal growth, biotin (a B vitamin) has dietary histone deactylase inhibiting effects, encourage proper DNA winding and unwinding.
- Coriolus versicolor and Thiamine: Coriolus versicolor mushroom is high in natural sterols including beta-sitosterol and ergosterol. These help optimize proper immune function. In combination with the B vitamin Thiamine, Coriolus helps channel cellular respiration towards the oxygen dependent pathways (aerobic glycolysis) and away from the low oxygen pathways (anerobic glycolysis)
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae, lactobacillus plantaru, Lactobacillus bulgaricus: These
probiotics and healthy yeast strains enhance proper microbial balance in the
digestive tract and help remove metabolic toxins and endproducts of excess
Click To Purchase Teacher Activator
Teacher Catalyst is designed to provide maximum cell-integrity stabilization and to assist in the optimization of gut by enhancing cell repair and intracellular energy production.
Teacher Catalyst Strategy:
- Vitamin D: This important vitamin (actually a hormone) has important gene stabilizing effects. Vitamin D metabolites influence the expression of various genes involved in calcium homeostasis, cell differentiation, and regulation of the immune system.
- Selenium: This micromineral is important for its effect in enhancing
gene methylation and its ability to remove genotoxins though it interactions
with the antioxidant glutathione. An adequate selenium status has for long
been considered to prevent the development of various forms of cancer.
- Quercetin: A significant anti-mutagen, quercetin is a bioflavanoid anti-oxidant found in most plants. In addition to its cell-stabilizing effects, quercetin also enhances the cell's ability to process glucose and has mild anti-allergic properties.
- Panax Ginseng: American ginseng (Panax quinquefolius L., Araliaceae) possesses anti-cancer potential and is one of the most commonly used herbal medicines in the United States. Waxy components in American gensing, called saponins, have been shown to promote gene stability.
- ECGC Green Tea: The ends of human chromosomes are protected from
the degradation associated with cell division by long end sections called telomeres.
In normal cells telomeres lose up to 300 base pairs of DNA per cell division
that ultimately leads to senescence; however, most cancer cells bypass this
lifespan restriction through the expression of an enzyme that helps repair
the telomeres (telomerase). Unfortunately many cancer cells express excess
telomerase as part of their quest for immortality. ECGC Green Tea helps regulate
telomerase activity, in addition to helping remethylate the sections of genes
that demethylate with aging.
Click To Purchase Teacher Catalyst
Flaxseed Oil Formula (Teacher Synergist)
Flaxseed Oil (Teacher Synergist) is designed to provide 1,000 mg of Flax
Seed Oil providing a GenoCorrect balance of Omega-3, Omega-6, Omega-9, and Flaxseed
Flaxseed Oil (Teacher Synergist) Supplement Strategy:
Flaxseed oil Omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to reduce inflammation
and help prevent certain chronic diseases such as heart disease and arthritis.
These essential fatty acids appear to be particularly important for cognitive
and behavioral function as well as normal growth and development. Lignans, such
as those found in flaxseed oil, appear to help modulate excess growth factors
levels later in life (which may help enhance longevity) and encourage apotosis
(programmed cell death) in cells damaged by aging or mutation.
To Purchase Flaxseed Oil (Teacher Synergist)
Teacher Support Products and Combo Packs